Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Final Assignment






     This project is a series of 5 splatter painted mirrors. Originally, I was motivated to take footage of myself splatter painting the mirrors while they faced each other so it could give off a "never ending" look. My video camera died in the process so I just decided to take pictures of the process. I then disassembled the frames from each mirror and stuck the corners of the mirrors into the grass (except for the circle of course). I was placing these objects in a very unusual place, a place you would never see them. With no specific color selection, paint was thrown on each mirror.
     Time based media is interpreted through this project by each splatter of paint. The mirrors are equivalent to time maps. Every drop of paint represents a time in my process. In my photos, time is shown by the progression in the mirrors and how they build up with paint as time goes by.
     This piece would be displayed outside in the grass to keep it in the environment it was in when it was created. The effect that the reflection of the grass gives is very appealing to my eye. Another way of installation could be just to place the mirrors on a wall and let the viewer be a part of the work. The photos would probably be in a collage together.

No comments:

Post a Comment